Pricebook Mobile™ is a truly mobile application. Make price changes, control margins, view inventory on-hand, velocity and discrepancy reports, evaluate shift details and review delivery receipts from anywhere you have access to the Internet.
The c-store market is a segment of the retail market that can benefit enormously by leveraging technology to increase profit. Rising gasoline prices and increased hypermarket activity (Costco, Sam’s Club, BJ’s, for example) have squeezed margins from gas sales. Tobacco legislation has impacted cigarette sales. Crime has affected the ability to hire store personnel. A c-store’s profitability is now, more than ever, coming from inside, or merchandise sales.
To ensure continued profitability, close attention must be paid to inventory control, item prices, deliveries of product, and vendor management. In addition, stores must get increased productivity from store personnel and keep training simple and costs low. Pricebook Connect is a new, high-function inventory and pricebook management system that consolidates many different time-consuming activities into one, easy-to-use application that can help you achieve these goals.
At a glance
The PriceBook MobileTM inventory management system is comprised of two components which are easy to install and simple to use:
• Internet-based Portal found at PriceBookMobile.com for managing your pricebooks, inventory receipts and shift information.
• A rugged PDA that is used at each of your stores to implement price changes, validate deliveries, perform physical counts, create purchase orders, poll shift information from the register and print shelf tags and reports.
(Tiva Software reserves the right to change, add or delete functionality, specifications and capabilities of its products and services at any time. Design models and illustrations may be shown and are subject to change.)
• Convenience — Use PriceBook MobileTM to manage orders, inventory receiving and management, shelf tag validation, shift reporting, and to provide business intelligence for better decisions about your business.
• Automated Data Flow — Uncover exceptions (i.e., low margins, overstocked inventory, inventory shrinkage) by comparing data between the PDA, the register, and consolidated data at PriceBookMobile.com.
• Wireless Communication — Update your register, read text messages, have invoices and pricebook updates automatically delivered from your wholesaler, and print shelf tags wirelessly from your PDA.
• Loss Prevention — Randomly scan items to validate quantities on-hand. Generate purchase orders and enable store managers to perform complete category physical inventories.
• Lower Cost — Less investment in hardware and software allows PriceBook Mobile to be highly price-competitive while being compatible with several financial accounting packages such as QuickBooks.
Quickly and easily make price changes, identify promotional items, review automatic pricebook updates, and update your POS from the PDA.
• Use the Internet portal to manage individual pricebooks for each vendor including Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and Frito-Lay. • Receive electronic invoices directly to your PDA. • Wirelessly upload price changes and UPC’s to the POS. • Develop a daily consolidated report by transmitting sales, shift information, price changes, and inventory details from the POS to PriceBookMobile.com. • Maintain accurate inventory quantities-on-hand (QOH). • Print shelf tags wirelessly to an in-store label printer. • Access item level data for your pricebook on the PDA, including item costs, SRP, gross profit, pricing, and promotional information. • Link all changes to the Internet-based portal for better store management.
PriceBook MobileTM is a mobile enterprise solution for managing pricebooks, inventory receipts and shift data. The solution combines the easy-to-use PriceBookMobile.com portal with a new Pocket PC ordering device to provide a comprehensive inventory management system. With the changing marketplace, profit margins continue to decline for retailers. To ensure continued growth and profitability, retailers must focus on inventory control, pricing, and vendor management. Pricebook Mobile assists retailers in adopting processes and strategies to increase profitability and store personnel productivity.
• Inventory Receiving — Check-in vendors using your pricebook and order details to ensure accurate pricing and payment. • Physical Inventory — Item-level inventory management enables accurate QOH counts. • Auto Replenishment — Create recommended purchase orders from item-level build-tos. • Shelf Tag Label Printing — Print shelf tags wirelessly to your label printer. • Shift Reporting and Daily Reconciliation — Poll shift data from your POS, enter your deposits and balance out your shift from the PDA. • Internet Administration Portal — Use the PriceBookMobile.com portal to manage your data, pull reports, and control pricing at all of your stores. • Complete Pricebook — All item-level details for your pricebook are available on the PDA, including item cost, SRP, gross profit percentage, price groups and promotion information. • Export Invoice and Shift Information to Your Accounting System — Compatible with many popular accounting systems including QuickBooks. • Electronic Orders and Invoices — PriceBook Mobile enables ordering and electronic invoice receiving from most wholesalers.
PriceBook MobileTM is an easily installed application:
• Software — An electronic file from your wholesaler is used to populate the PriceBookMobile.com portal with the majority of the merchandise sold in the store. • Secondary Vendors — Secondary vendors and DSD’s can be added to complete the pricebooks for each store with the ability to validate all merchandise that is associated with the categories needed to manage your business. Additionally, single or multiple pricebooks can be maintained at the portal. • POS — At the store, your Internet access point is connected to your Verifone Ruby POS to allow wireless communications. • PDA (User or Wholesaler provided) — The inventory application is pre-loaded onto the PDA prior to delivery. Pricebook information is sent from the PriceBookMobile.com portal to the PDA. Using the PriceBook Mobile application on the PDA, the pricebook is wirelessly up-loaded to the POS. • Shelf Labels — A shelf tag printer with a wireless adapter can be added at the store to print updated information transmitted from the PDA.